As a top-tier Fractional Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), you will play a critical role in the success of our D2C eCommerce clients by developing and executing data-driven marketing strategies that maximize growth and profitability. You will work closely with the client's team to understand their business objectives, target audience, competitive landscape, and unique value proposition to develop and execute effective marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
Your responsibilities will include conducting market research and gathering insights, developing and maintaining a strong brand identity, creating and implementing digital marketing strategies, analyzing marketing data, managing marketing budgets and timelines, building and managing relationships with external vendors, and presenting regular reports to the client's team on marketing performance.
To succeed in this role, you must have a deep understanding of digital marketing channels, including email, social media, and paid advertising, and be able to use data to drive decision-making. You should also possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong project management abilities, and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates with at least 7 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on digital marketing and brand development. Experience working in a startup or D2C environment is required.
About the Company
Onda is a full-stack D2C growth agency that strives to be a premier “one-stop shop” for ecommerce business owners looking for help with marketing labor and execution needs. Onda hires experts in all areas of marketing, from paid media, email automation, design, and web management to fractional CMOs, CFOs and beyond. Onda pairs those experts with exciting brands that are looking for explosive growth.
Currently in the Onda talent pool, we have talent that only takes on one project at a time, and on the flip side, we have talent that have upwards of 10+ projects at any given time. We are happy to accommodate whatever bandwidth you have! Consider this the ultimate “freelance” gig, but coupled with a variety of support departments (scheduling, billing, client resolution, etc.) to help you focus on what you do best.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans that align with the client's business objectives and target audience, including defining goals, strategies, tactics, and KPIs.
- Conduct thorough market research and gather insights to identify opportunities and challenges in the client's industry, consumer behavior, and competition.
- Develop and maintain a strong brand identity that reflects the client's values, mission, and unique selling proposition (USP), including messaging, visual identity, and tone of voice.
- Develop and implement digital marketing strategies across multiple channels, including email, social media, search engines, and paid advertising, to drive traffic, engagement, and sales.
- Monitor and analyze marketing data and metrics, including website traffic, conversion rates, customer acquisition cost (CAC), customer lifetime value (CLV), return on ad spend (ROAS), to provide insights and recommendations to optimize campaign performance and drive ROI.
- Collaborate with the client's team to develop and manage marketing budgets and timelines, ensuring efficient and effective use of resources.
- Build and manage relationships with external vendors, such as PR firms, designers, and media partners, to support marketing initiatives and enhance brand awareness.
- Create and present regular reports to the client's team on marketing performance, including ROI, website traffic, conversion rates, customer acquisition metrics, and other relevant KPIs.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing channels, including email, social media, and paid advertising.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Digital marketing expertise: As a Fractional CMO, you should have strong knowledge and experience in various digital marketing channels, such as email marketing, social media, search engines, and paid advertising. Additionally, you should keep yourself updated with the latest trends and best practices in eCommerce marketing to deliver effective strategies.
- Analytical skills: A successful Fractional CMO should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be able to use data to identify opportunities, measure success, optimize campaigns, and drive decision-making.
- Project management skills: Strong project management skills are essential for a Fractional CMO. You should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. You should also be skilled in managing budgets and timelines, working collaboratively with the client's team, and delivering high-quality results.
- Communication skills: As a Fractional CMO, you will be working with various stakeholders, including senior executives, creative teams, vendors, and the client's team. Therefore, you should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be an effective communicator, and be able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- eCommerce experience: Experience in eCommerce marketing is a valuable asset for a Fractional CMO. You should have a deep understanding of the eCommerce landscape, consumer behavior, and online shopping trends. Additionally, you should be familiar with eCommerce platforms, such as Shopify, Magento, and WooCommerce, and have experience in creating and managing eCommerce marketing campaigns.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with experience leading and managing teams of marketers
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills, with experience presenting to executive-level stakeholders
- Knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) best practices and strategies
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on digital marketing and brand development.
- Experience working in a startup or D2C environment
- Strong understanding of website design and user experience (UX) best practices
- Experience with marketing automation tools, such as Hubspot or Marketo
- Familiarity with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Familiarity with social media management tools, such as Hootsuite or Buffer
- Experience with A/B testing and optimization strategies
- Experience with influencer marketing and affiliate marketing
- Experience with international eCommerce markets and cross-cultural marketing strategies.