We are searching for an experienced Art Director/Designer who loves creating engaging content that drives action and inspires target audiences. As AD/D, you'll be a key member of our creative team, helping to produce smart campaigns and creative elements. You'll work closely with various members of the design, data, and delivery teams at Hahn to assist in creating a variety of go-to-market assets. You’ll walk in the door relentlessly hungry to produce great work and be willing to listen and learn from experienced team members.
You have an eye for detail. Your typography and color choices will drive a look and feel to help differentiate our clients from their competition. You understand HTML and CSS code well enough to guide our dev team to new limits and help make websites look amazing. You can work in a variety of formats, from digital experiences (virtual, immersive, mobile, social) to more traditional formats (print, pdf, websites, etc.). If you love being creative and everything design - this is the job for you.
Who You Are
- You love to concept ideas and come up with various directions for client campaigns.
- You have a creative mind and you are also a strategic thinker.
- You are aware of current design trends and bring innovative ideas to the table to help create innovative experiences.
- You like to try new things, explore new tools and uncover new ways of achieving success.
- You work well with others for the success of the project. You are able to provide a unique perspective and are willing to leave your ego at the door.
- You have a great sense of design, color, and typography.
- You aren't afraid to ask questions or receive feedback.
- You can shift gears as needed and can handle multiple clients and projects at once.
- You can design across a variety of digital and traditional print mediums.
- You dabble in all things design including web, mobile, motion, illustration, logos, and brand work.
- You have a conceptual understanding of UX design principles and processes.
- You can wireframe a website and produce a full set of web design mockups
- You stay on top of the latest design trends, you are constantly learning, and you keep up with new technologies.
- Collaborate with the team in every aspect of the creative process including with account and client teams to ensure creative work exceeds expectations.
- Brainstorm and execute cross-platform advertising work for multiple clients.
- Develop visual/graphic design, layout, and feel across multiple platforms, leading with digital (TV, print, digital, social, etc.).
- Offer sound strategic thinking and deliver work aligned with creative briefs.
- Effectively manage time on projects and work within a prescribed time budget.
- Produce final assets necessary including preparing and directing files for presentation.
- Create and document final design parameters, style guides and visual standards for print or web.
- May include other duties as assigned including photography or video-related assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Advertising or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years of advertising art direction experience required, with superior design skills and a thorough understanding of design, typography, and graphic layout
- Prior advertising/web agency work or real-world experience working with clients
- Familiarity with best practices and current trends across design and customer-centric communications, user-centered experience design, and digital design.
- Demonstrated conceptual skills
- Ability to create and execute ideas in an efficient, organized way
- Ability to work across mediums
- Experience with wireframing and web design
- Ability to present and defend ideas effectively both internally and with clients
- Ability to listen and understand client feedback and feedback from internal critiques
- Emerging leadership skills
- Have demonstrated a passion for new technologies and emerging trends
- Must be highly responsible, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, XD, etc.)
- Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D a bonus
- Portfolio or work showcasing work samples required
- Bonus: User experience, motion graphics, and data visualization expertise
Hahn Predictive Marketing + Communications:
Hahn is an independent 50-person agency, originally founded in 1974 as a public relations shop in Austin, TX. Today, we have expanded into an agile team of storytellers promoting and protecting brands using predictive analytics, design thinking, and a whole lot of hustle to take on marketing challenges for our clients.
Our clients do things like make the lights turn on, grow, and serve good food, build roads and work behind the scenes to make all our lives better. They are often overlooked but we see them – and help millions of customers, ratepayers and consumers appreciate them.
Who We Are:
We specialize in working with brands in the food and beverage industry along with energy and essential service providers. During our 48 years in the industry, we have worked with clients such as the Texas Beef Council, Whataburger, the Texas Department of Agriculture, Lubbock Power & Light, Travis County Parks, OneGas Corp., and the Propane Education & Research Council.
We are based in Austin, TX, but we are set up for our team members to live and work from anywhere. We offer competitive compensation, quarterly profit sharing, professional development opportunities, medical/dental/vision benefits and a fun and flexible working environment with in-person and Zoom-based team events. The agency is fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its recruiting efforts and welcomes any opportunity to interview qualified applicants with unique viewpoints and life experiences.