Are you a data-driven problem solver who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others while contributing to a successful business? Join Carewell and be a part of a team that creates impactful solutions for caregivers and their unique challenges. We're looking for hardworking individuals committed to raising the bar and striving for impact, scalability, and simplicity. Build your career with Carewell, a category-defining business dedicated to making caregiving easier.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate and assist in the strategic planning and budgeting process to drive alignment of priorities across the organization
- Maintain and update the company’s financial model monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Develop an FP&A process to regularly report on financial results internally and to external parties including investors, the board, and potential investors.
- Maintain and develop investor materials and lead diligence efforts with potential investors.
- Create metrics reports that provide the executive team with a real-time understanding of how the business is performing and why.
- Partner with the executive team to report on key e-commerce metrics including CAC, payback period, contribution margin, and cash flow
- Partner with cross-functional leaders across the entire company to define KPIs, build forecasts and budgets, and track performance while explaining variances to plan, identifying risks and opportunities, and driving strategic business initiatives to deliver profitability and working capital targets
- Manage the company’s financial accounting and reporting systems
- Drive continuous improvement to financial processes and workflows
- Work closely with business leads to analyze investment opportunities, provide strategic guidance on business growth opportunities, and prioritize resources
- Assist in preparation of Board of Director reporting materials
- Lead reporting and business partner team members, working alongside the operations organization to identify and implement an action plan for improvement of processes to increase the finance team’s effectiveness
- Responsible for ad hoc financial analyses across the organization and initiatives to ensure data-driven decision making, such as business case analyses and financial justification for capital spend projects
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close with an outsourced accounting firm
- Collaborate with various teams (e.g., Supply Chain, Business Analytics, Merchandising, and Accounting) to improve data quality and speed to reporting while ensuring that performance is accurately reported
What you’ll need:
- BS in Finance, Economics, or Business and excellent professional track record
- 10+ years in commercial/merchandising finance roles focused on increasing sales and margin, leading staff, P&L financial responsibility, and the development of strategies and budgets
- Deep understanding of retail (e-commerce is a plus)
- Experience within a “best practices” Finance organization where Finance is viewed as a business partner
- Strong analytical, business acumen, and technical skills
- Expert at PowerPoint and Excel (SQL is a plus) with experience with planning tools
- Strong understanding of GAAP, financial statements, and financial modeling
- Excellent organization, presentation, and writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, and key external partners; strong verbal and written presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences
- Ability to manage and deliver on competing projects and requests from all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success in the leadership of multiple projects that have driven enhanced value via identification of growth initiatives and cost efficiencies
- Ability to think strategically and objectively, and to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies, and financial plans
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Proven record in attracting, developing, and motivating the talent needed for current and future business requirements; able to establish high performance expectations by aligning individual goals with overall business objectives
- Ability to build collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders
- Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution
- Experience building trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company
- Experience with B2C/B2B retail or e-commerce
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote
- Federal holidays off + generous vacation time
- Employee discount
Carewell is a category-defining business that is dedicated to providing the most trusted and reputable retail source for caregiving products. Our vast selection of expert-vetted products includes incontinence supplies, wound care, nutrition, mobility aids, and more, all available at the best prices with fast, reliable shipping. We are proud to have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked on the Inc. 5000, and named one of the most customer-centric companies in the world by Forbes in 2022. At Carewell, we understand the importance of caregiving, and we strive to provide the highest quality products to help caregivers provide the best care possible for their loved ones.
As the number of older adults in the US grows, the need for caregiving solutions will only increase. By joining Carewell, you will have the opportunity to work in a space that is constantly evolving, with new challenges and opportunities for growth. We are committed to being architects of our own success, always striving to improve our teams, partnerships, and solutions to ensure impact, scalability, and simplicity. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals, using customer insights, data, research, and feedback to make decisions and create the most effective solutions. If you are ready to join a team of dedicated individuals who are committed to making a difference in the world, Carewell is the place for you.
Carewell's mission is centered around creating a better world for care. We believe having diverse and inclusive teams is an integral part of carrying out that mission. Our increasingly diverse world is faced with complex care challenges that can best be solved through a diverse and inclusive workforce, community of partners, and stakeholders. Carewell is committed to equal opportunity, and we welcome and encourage all walks of life to come learn, grow, collaborate, and create a better world for care with us.